Job Title: Materials and Logistics Manager
Reporting Relationship: Director of Operations
Work Location: Sanford, FL
General Statement/Purpose of Job:
This position is responsible for leading workers responsible for all aspects of material inventory management and logistics. Must be capable of organizing and leading staff and demonstrate the ability to be an innovator and change agent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs.
- Manage staff training issues.
- Motivate other members of the team.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Use of MRP/ERP systems.
- Communication skills.
- Leadership qualities.
- A demonstrable understanding of Lean manufacturing and other CI (continuous improvement) working practices with an emphasis on Standardized Work and 5S Visual Management.
- Ability to train and motivate others.
- Ability to implement discipline.
- Must have problem resolution skills.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Moderate MS Office skills.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelorís Degree preferred
5 years of supervisory experience in manufacturing environment
High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimal travel required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part the work environment includes ambient outside temperatures, naturally lit work areas and traditional warehouse equipment as found in a typical warehouse environment. The performance of this position requires the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to thirty-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
In the performance of their respective duties and responsibilities all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.