Job Title: Production Supervisor
Reporting Relationship: Director of Operations
Work Location: Sanford, FL
General Statement/Purpose of Job:
This position is responsible for leading the day to day production activities to achieve performance goals in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost. Must be capable of organizing and leading staff and demonstrate the ability to be an innovator and change agent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain staff by orienting and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Complete production plan by assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow at shift production meeting.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Create and revise systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communication skills
- Leadership qualities
- A demonstrable understanding of Lean manufacturing and other CI (continuous improvement) working practices with an emphasis on Standardized Work and 5S Visual Management.
- Ability to train and motivate others
- Ability to implement discipline
- Must have problem resolution skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Moderate MS Office skills
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
5 years of supervisory experience in manufacturing environment
High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimal travel required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part the work environment includes ambient outside temperatures, naturally lit work areas and traditional warehouse equipment as found in a typical warehouse environment. The performance of this position requires the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to thirty-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
In the performance of their respective duties and responsibilities all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.